Solved What prefixes do we need for gaming threads?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bloodcinder, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    What prefixes do we want for gaming threads?

I know that IC and OOC are desirable. What else?

Should there be different prefixes available in the Roleplaying, Narrative, and Tournament networks?

2. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
  3. chefTENGU

chefTENGU Does not approve Administrator

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    That makes sense (the different thread tags for different forums), but I don't know what they should be.

4. Seegtease

Seegtease Merciful Mage of Many Means Administrator

Local Time:
    11:07 PM
    Everything is already sectioned... so... not sure we need a bunch of prefixes besides IC and OOC. I mean stuff like [Rules] and [Registration] maybe.

5. chefTENGU

Local Time:
    Well, rules now get to be indexed in their own thing so not everything has to be formatted like a thread.

I like being able to use [Adventure] for the threads I've been running. [IC] feels more appropriate for things that are more narrative based.

6. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    We could just have a tag that applies to the OOC/rules/join thread and leave the other roleplaying threads tagless. There's not really a point in filling a forum up with a bunch of IC's when the only thing that ISN'T an IC is the one OOC. Perhaps call it [HQ] or [Main] or something.

Also, even that might not be strictly necessary, since hub owners can sticky their own threads as they see fit.

7. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    So any updated opinions on this, or have things been working out fine without prefixes?

8. chefTENGU

Local Time:
    For right now, I think it's fine. However, if we get membership up, it's something that could very quickly become useful for keeping forum pages neat and organized, and to help people find desired content more quickly.

One thing that might be nice is if we could somehow implement tags that aren't built in to the thread title (sort of like tagging threads the way one would tag a photo; it might fit into more than one category and be searchable that way), but I have no "loving" idea how difficult that might be to implement here.

9. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    I know the kind of tags you're talking about, and I think there is an available implementation. I can investigate.