Featured Site Update Announcements

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bloodcinder, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    2:37 PM
    I've installed the Resource Manager. You should now see a Resources tab at the top of the page.

I went ahead and added a selection of my commonly used resources so you can see how it works. I can create more categories in the admin panel. I have not customized permissions yet or finagled with a lot of the options, nor have I worked on migrating Kevin's D&D reference threads. Also, for now, the discussion thread paired with each resource is going into the Lobby. I will change that and move them around when I reorganize the forums, but that's not a priority right now.

2. chefTENGU

chefTENGU Does not approve Administrator

Local Time:
    1:37 PM
    This happened when I attempted to navigate into the Light Warriors hub. Help.

Screenshot_2016-09-30-00-25-30.png

3. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    Yeah, the abandoned social groups add-on broke during last night's Xenforo upgrade, like I was warning about. Until I can fix it later today, you can still access whatever threads you need by going here to view all your watched threads.

4. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    I do know what the problem is, and it is a problem with a known manual fix that never made it in to the now open-sourced version on GitHub. I'll apply the fix and update it on GitHub as well.

chefTENGU likes this.
  5. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
  6. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    I've done some rearrangements and simplification of the forum structure. I think all the changes should be obvious and intuitive enough that if you do notice the change you won't have difficulty finding what you're looking for. If you have a questions, let me know.

I installed an add-on that allows me to highlight posts made by the author of a thread. This works well in support and gaming threads, where the person who posted the thread is generally the person running the game or responsible for answering questions. You'll see this change to the left of posts such as this one. The thread's author's posts show up in mint.

7. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Developer

Local Time:
    Also, I think that I'm not going to migrate to the other social groups add-on I mentioned before. It's a lot of time and commitment (and it costs money) to migrate to something new when we don't really have any problems with our existing hub add-on. (Now that it's open source, I'm not concerned with it failing in the future. There are people, including me, working on it.)

8. Seegtease

Seegtease Merciful Mage of Many Means Administrator

Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    Yeah, I had gotten used to TC/OP being marked at many other forums (and reddit). It makes sense in other formats and really, in this one too. I'm surprised it's not default Xenoforo functionality, really.

Bloodcinder likes this.