Main Permutopia

Discussion in 'Narrative Hubs' started by Bloodcinder, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Seegtease

Seegtease Merciful Mage of Many Means Administrator

Local Time:
    5:42 PM
    Then I should get some Hero points.

2. chefTENGU

chefTENGU Does not approve Administrator

Local Time:
    7:42 PM
    Ok, so maybe my sheet is nakedly trollish. But I was inspired by my new favorite piece of local folk art.

FB_IMG_1463927661870.jpg

3. Bloodcinder

Bloodcinder Bird Bird Bird Developer

Local Time:
    8:42 PM
    Well that's strange, but if you're willing to stick with it for a while, then do you girl.

I would change "pyromancy" (which is a magical term) to just "heat" or "combustion" or something scientific.

4. chefTENGU

Local Time:
    Ok, that sounds fine.

5. Bloodcinder

Local Time:
    This is officially not abandoned. But it's been over a year since I wrote the rules, and I've learned a lot about the language of game design and how to keep it simple from my exposure to 5e. I would need to revise the rules for this campaign before it could be played. There's a lot of overlap with this campaign and Pale Vale that I'm running with my IRL group but since there's no player crossover between the groups I don't think I would mind that.

I've dug into other rules systems over the last year and I'm still really pleased with FU. The only other games I've found that I kind of also like are the medium rulesets 13th Age and Savage Worlds (both of which are just as complicated as 5e so there's no reason to learn a whole new system when 5e is fine) and the light rulesets Fate Core and Fate Accelerated (neither of which I like as much as FU for simplicity and being able to tinker with it). So I'm pretty much sticking to using 5e and FU for any games I run. (And Dread occasionally, but that's IRL only.) So we'd still use FU here if we did it, and it would still be narrative, but I would revise the rules to be much simpler.

That's getting too far ahead though. The question is... would people be interested in finally starting this campaign? Or given how much time crunch we all face is it not appealing enough in comparison to other things we might spend our time on?

6. chefTENGU

Local Time:
    I still want to be ersatz Governor Brownback setting everything on fire.

7. Seegtease

Seegtease Merciful Mage of Many Means Administrator

Local Time:
    5:42 PM
    I am. If Gio isn't intetested, we could see if anyone else would like to try it, since it's so easy to learn.

8. Bloodcinder

Local Time:
    Okay, if you're both still into it then I will keep it in mind as an option.